Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Friday, July 17, 2009

Its a.....


GIRL!!!!! We are so, so delighted to announce that we found out yesterday that there is a 95% chance that our little bundle is a baby girl!


It started out as a regular day for me, except that I had my 13.5 weeks appointment to check on the baby and make sure that everything was going well...While I have been going NUTS trying to figure out if I was carrying a girl or boy using the old wives' tale method (ie; is my bump sticking straight out or am I carrying all over? Have I been sick a lot or a little? What position did we conceive the child in? What time of the month did we conceive? Does Glenn wear boxers or briefs? etc.,) and while I was pretty much convinced I was having a boy for some reason (I have been calling my poor daughter "he" since conception,) it would be a few more weeks before I could find out for sure.
I got to the dr.'s office and did my quick little rountine jump on the scale (yikes! two pounds heavier since a month ago....I should've taken off all my jewelry...) and all the other stuff they do every visit, and then I went in to see Dr. Michaelsen. She quickly checked the heartbeat and I jokingly asked her if she could tell if it was a boy or girl by the heart rate (another old wives tale.) She said no, of course, but then she asked me if I had decided to go see Dr. Koster, a fetal development specialist, to have certain routine tests done to check for chromosomal abonormalities, since, while I am not at risk, it might give me peace of mind and I might get to find out the baby's sex....? I told her that we had originally decided not to go, but if my insurance would cover it, I would like to go. She told me I would have to go immediately since they only do the test through 13 weeks and I was already 13.5 weeks into it...
I called Dr. Koster's office and told them my dilemma and they let me know that the earliest appointment (and the only one available for a while) was that afternoon!

Glenn met me over there and we got to see our baby on the very big screen for the first time! We saw all her fingers and toes and then- her little private parts (two little lines) to confirm, it's a girl!
Check out her cute little profile. She's got Glenn's nose and her mommy's pouty lips!!! Yay! Time to go shopping!


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! More pink!!! I am so thrilled to keep up through the blog...how fun! And of course, even more excited for you and Glen! You have a very exciting year ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yippie! Pink! Pink and More Pink!!!! Sophia and Alexandra can't wait to meet their new baby cousin Juliet!

    ReplyDelete